Thursday, January 17, 2008

What I am focusing on.

As the few of you guys who read this know, I recently moved up to 100 nl from 50 nl. The biggest difference I noticed between the two levels is that most people at 100 nl (even fish) think about what their opponents have. Therefor, I have 3 things that I will make a conscious effort to do. They are listed as follows

1. Think on the second level at all times until villain proves he is not on the first level.

2. Factor my image into EVERY decision that I make

3. Think in terms of relative hand strength rather than absolute strength.

Points 1 and 2 are both pretty self explanatory to anyone who has played this game for any amount of time. The third may need a bit of explaining. One of my leaks is that I think in terms of absolute strength. A guy that I used to coach has a thread on ssnl on 2p2 about folding a set. When he showed me the thread I lol'd but after some thought, I like the fold that he made. He flopped a set of 3s on a 39T board in a multiway limped pot. One guy called in position and the turn came a 6 making the board 39T6. He bet into the guy, and the guy who was a regular tag that didn't get out of line raised him an amount that committed him. I thought that this was an fist pump because we have a set ldo (sorry for the 2p2 jargon.) The problem with this is that I was thinking in terms of absolute strength, not the strength of my hand relative to my opponents (which is really the name of the game.) Eventually I will turn this blog into a fun hand/results blog, but with the shit stretch I had I got away from that. From here on out, every post will be focusing on improving my game as it relates to these three things as I think these are the three things that will enable me to beat the midstakes.

1 comment:

grinder said...

like the recent posts johnny , i think i may have to get t angelos book, i sometimes need tilt control

mm...maybe more than sometimes