Thursday, January 10, 2008

It has been a really shitty new year.

As I type this, I am currently in the middle of my biggest downswing ever that is mostly 100 nl, and a little bit of 50 nl.


There has been some tilt involved, and some poor play, but for the most part it has been just pure shit. I can't get payed when I have a hand, when I do get money in, I am usually second best, whenever I make a bluff, they have the nuts, and of course, everyone is flopping sets on me. Either way, the only thing that I can do is to keep on playing my game. Here are all of the big pots that I lost tonight.

Undersets are the nuts

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1923552


This little gem was great. Villain was something like 22/18. I really hate his call here. My range for 4 betting is exactly AK, AA, KK. That doesn't bode well for him.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1923559

Here is another cooler. When I saw his hand flip, I didn't think I was in bad shape, but poker stove disagreed. I am actually a 2:1 dog in this situation.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1923568

This hand was tilt. I had a similar hand last night when I got raised on a KTTddh flop holding AK in a multiway pot, and we decided a fold was definitely the best option. I was stuck $300 at this point, and after this run it got to me considering that I had been playing well up to this point.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1923583

This one was probably the only hand that I didn't like. The button in this hand had squeezed every single opportunity possible to the point where the next time I had a big hand pre and someone raised before I was 100% going to flat call.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1923597

Villain in this hand was awful at something like 50/12/2. In retrospect, I think that the turn is a fold, but I am not too pissed about it as I definitely made sklansky bucks from him since he only won $75 instead of the $110 necesarry to break even.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1923602

Finally, this one is my pride and joy. Last week, I go broke here. This week, I save $50

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1923609

Net results on the session 760 hands -$444. On a happier note, I just got Krantz' DVD and Tommy Angelo's new book in the mail. Both are excellent and I highly recommend checking out http://www.professionalpoker.com if you are interested in getting them as he is the best in the business. I have used him numerous times and his service is outstanding. I will prolly play a few more sessions tonight, but for now I am going to take it easy for an hour or two just to gather my thoughts together.

3 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

Its been a crap month for me too. Looking at your hands you are very very aggrasive.

AKo: I dont know if i like getting in here hes only calling with better hands i think. I would prefer to call and try hit the A or K. Maybe on the weak side but thats what i would do.

89s: I think if your going to play this its better to raise PF iam trying to work it out are you in the cutoff? The flop is preety nice for the hand and i like to get it in here just unfortunate he had a monster.

76s: I dont like this one at all your going to be OOP if he flat calls and your going to have to flop well to continue so i think you should just let this one go.

AQo: I dont hate your play here it could be something to look for though in the future was the bet size its very odd betting 19.25 in CTS vids he bets like that when he wants a call. So if you spot that lots on FTP thats what there at i feel.

KQo: i think you definitly saved money here.

Some intresting hands the one thing i noticed is your very aggrasive at betting over betting sometimes this probably could be just the games at FTP but to me it looks overagro.

It would be great if you could share that DVD save me 50 bucks i have many many dvds audio e books 100's of ebooks that id be happy to share. If you want ill mail you a list of all the stuff i have.

All the best

Marc said...

Ugh, what an ugly start, worse than I've had, and I've felt pretty bad on my large downswings. I would imagine going through some of the universal elements in Tommy's book will be helpful, just from a sanity standpoint.

Sounds like you're going through it the right way, you know you need to just focus on playing solid, so I won't offer any advice or anything, just hopefully some moral support....hang in there bro.

Johnnybeef said...

Willie,

I am definitely aggressive and sometimes overly so. As far as the AK is concerned, I have never been a big fan of playing it your way. AK is a hand that plays very poorly post flop as you will rarely get action from worse hands. Conversely it is a great hand to get all of your money in preflop as you are only a significant dog to AA and it is very unlikely to run into that considering that you hold an ace (even though I have 6 times this month already.)

89ss is certainly a hand that is worthy of an isolation raise in this spot and I used to do that every single time. However, I have 2 friends who play 10/20+ that sweat me occasionally and both think that I would do a lot better if I removed that play when I have no postflop steal equity. Thus, I will now raise in spots where people have 55 or higher fold to cbet but limp behind to loose opponents (which villain was in this case.) Essentially, you want to see flops with this hand, and if you get 3 bet you are going to have to muck. Also, suited connectors and small pairs do well when many people see the flop. So, I have been limping these hands lately.

76s I tend to agree with you. In a vacuum this one is pretty terrible. At the game it felt like a marginally _EV spot, but given how I am running, I should probably avoid marginal spots.

AQ: Yea, I think its a fold as well. As far as bet sizing is concerned, I thought CTS always made his bets smaller in chip size to get action.

In reference to the books, I like to collect these types of things, but if I can figure a way to share the DVD I will. Email me about it or just hit me up on aim, and thanks for your comments.

Marc,

Thanks for the support.