Saturday, February 9, 2008

5k hand challenge today,

Since I am behind in my hands pre-Vegas, I have 2 goals for the day. 1. Work out. 2. Play 5k hands. I will update this blog periodically with session results and hands.


Update 1, 12:15

I am currently about 1300 hands into the challenge, and I'm stuck about $100. I've been running pretty shitty so far and have felt a little off balance, but for the most part I am playing my B+ game which is great considering that I am 6 tabling. The games are pretty damn good, and they are only going to get better as the day gets later. I am going to go work out after this session, so I imagine my game will improve later on as well. I haven't had too many interesting hands, but I have been battling it out with a couple of other regs who I have had setup for the kill, but can't get the right situation. Now that I mention it, that is probably a category that most of you guys are interested in. At 50 nl, most of the regs are clueless. At 100, you start to see guys who have a clue, but still have leaks. The key to getting an edge on these guys is metagame. Basically, metagame is just trying to stay one step ahead of him. It is more or less like a heavy weight fight. You will both be throwing jabs in an effort to get the big knockout punch. I will expand upon this concept later, just wanted to update.


Update 2. I have pretty much ran like shit all day long. I am currently at 3600 hands and stuck $25 or so, but I have spent the better portion of the day stuck $250 or so. It is currently 12:41 est so I doubt that I will get 5k hands in, but it is certainly possible (especially if I run hot this session.)

Here is a fun hand. This one is against a regular. Odd bet sizes can really throw your opponents through a proper mindfuck. Now, I may have stacked this guy regardless of my line, but I like to think that my unorthadoxed bet sizes confused him and made him go with it.

http://weaktight.com/100400



Update 3: I am finished. I totally dominated my last session. That weird bet sizing was fucking spectacular. It got action from soooo many regulars as they were confused and couldn't help acting on their calling instinct.


I am bushed so I am not going to post any hands, but I will post graphs and results on the day.

Total on the day: 5080 hands, + 1079.

Here is the graph from the session I played on my laptop:




Here is the graph from the sessions on the desktop:

1 comment:

RakebackFAQ said...

Do this 3 times a week and you wont need to 'work' anymore. Great day looks like your downswing from a while back is long gone.

Good luck